Friday, March 25, 2011

Why Why Why

Thurs morning after PT I was in the car and using the "water bottle trick", after about 2 minutes I began having anterior hip pain. When I got out of the car my psoas/ iliacus were in spasm. That's when I began to freak ot. I texted my PT with a desperate message. He called me back, said to stop doing that bc it was causing my femur to be pushed anteriorly and making the psoas try to stabilize it. He also said I needed to get my pain under control ASAP, I coldn't sit down. So I tried to get in touch with the OS office.....
Yesterday I iced, took Vicodin, Motrin....Was in a lot of pain. I was up in the middle of the night icing and medicating...its been rough.
I finally spoke to the PA today, he called in Celebrex for me and I am going to try to get a cortisone injection next week into the joint to calm things down. He said the psoas is going into spasm to stabilize. I don't like this one bit.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm having a lot of what we think is Psoas pain as well. It flares up when I stand too long, sit too long, and sometimes just randomly. It feels super tight. I do stretches..which works some-but only so much. It's such an irritable, angry muscle!