Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cortisone Injection # ?????

As I had hoped, my "new" OS gave me a cortisone injection. He agreed that whatever my issue is, it is coming from my AC joint. He is not sure what or how I injured it since there was no trauma, but he thinks that given my line of work, it is not too shocking. My x-rays were good, no arthritis or separation, he thinks that it is just a local inflammation and hopefully the cortisone will knock it out.
Most of his pain provoking tests referred pain to the front of my shoulder, at the AC joint, and there is tightness with horizontal adduction. I am pretty sure the cortisone in working, I felt no pain right after which is good since he used some local anesthetic with the steroid when he injected.
I hope to continue to report improvement with the shoulder!

3 comments:

Sloan said...

I have been hovering over the computer to hear about your outcome. I had my guy look at my shoulders for symptoms of ac separation and he did some tests to see. We both noticed the anterior capsule is tight. So I will following the Egosque Method. But I am also gong to book a appointment with my Or. I just want to rule out everything else. But to be honest with you Suzie my left shoulders have always sort of roll forward for a while now. Noticed it quite a few years ago and especially in Pilates. R you still able to do Pilates.

SHC said...

Not sure if you got the message on FB...certainly, crutching so much could have contributed.

SRI BHAVANI CAR TRAVELS said...

Thanks, Wren! Sorry to hear they didn't work for you. Although I never realized what was missing until I wasn't in pain
Regards