Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Have Reached A New Low In Life

Wednesday was my PT session, as I had discussed with BK and my PT at the conference we were at on Friday. The conference lasted 2 days but I was only able to attend the first one. When I arrived to PT on Wed, I told my PT that my friend who had attended both days loved his presentation on the second day. He asked if she had heard the part about the difficult case he has now, who has tightness anteriorly due to a tightened capsule, but laxity posteriorly due to a torn ligamentum teres....hmm, "is that me?" I asked....Yep!! So my all time low is that I am the "difficult" and "challenging" case that is spoken about at conferences.

So PT was good, he thinks that if he mobilizes me anteriorly, it will give me more space and less pinching. I pinch in the front at 90 degrees of flexion, which is very upsetting to me, I would like to have at least 120 degrees of painfree flexion.

He did his thing and I got about 100-110 degrees of painfree flexion. But I was a bit unstable because I was working in a new range that I was not used to. He did a few adjustments, I was sore but felt like we had made progress.

Once I got home I was having tremendous posterior pain, which made absolutely no sense at all. I guess this whole thing makes absolutely no sense at all...so I emailed my PT, who said to hold off on all stretches for now. I see him tomorrow for some more mobs. We spoke this morning again and I apologized for being so high maintenance!! He was going to speak to BK today and try to figure this whole thing out...again!

2 comments:

SHC said...

thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!!

if you have to, take a moment, and breathe!!!!!