Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And the Saga Continues...

Have you ever felt like you needed a time-out from life? I think that is exactly what I need right now. I spoke with BK last night about my ultrasound, he said that, "just as he thought", the problem is that the capsule is thickened and impinging in the joint. He thinks that for now, the solution is anterior hip mobs to stretch it out a little bit and give it more space. This is rather conflicting since prior to the MRI and Ultrasound, my PT wanted to avoid anterior mobs since he felt the joint was a little bit unstable. Now the thought is that it is too tight. See why I need a time-out.
I was emailing back and forth with a fellow hip friend last night, and one of the things she asked is what do I think is going on? Honestly, I have no idea whatsoever, I usually have at least an idea, a thought, something... I am just plain confused now.
The plan is for BK to speak with my PT today and see if he agrees that this 'plan' is a good idea. We are all going to be at an ortho conference on Fri, so the plan is to have a quick little meeting there and discuss this all together.

At this point I don't know how much more of this I can take. I had a mini breakdown last night, because after 4 surgeries, 8 injections, months and months of PT....I am done...I don't want my hip to run my life anymore.

5 comments:

freeheelfun said...

Hi Susie,
I was hoping that when I checked back in on your blog this month that things would be going a bit better so I am sorry to hear you are at your wit's end (understandably). Did you ever get a second opinion from Phillipon or Sampson, et al? I'm just wondering if your hip might need a fresh pair of eyes after 4 surgeries with BK.
Hang in there,
Amy

Unknown said...

hang in there, I know how frustrating this can be, I will be seeing my 5th OS at Mayo in Rochester in June.

I have been feeling the exact same way you have (but not on the same scale of 4 surgeries and 8 injections.) I wasn't sure how to describe my symptoms because I thought that after my surgeries that I wouldn't need to see another OS for a long amount of time.

hang in there!
KB

Unknown said...

Hugs!!! I totally understand how you feel!!! After 4 surgeries I just want to be better and to have my life back. Sorry you are feeling this way as well!!!

SHC said...

The phrase "stop the world, I wanna get off" used to come to mind all too many times...certainly can empathize with you.

Trust in your heart and what your body is telling you...meditate on it, ask for help, and you will receive the answer.

Namaste~SHC

Louisa B said...

so sorry and i certainly know the feelings..it feels like taking awrong turn in life and not been able to find your way back..
I'm inclined to agree with the oothers a second op be no harm and you can always go back to king.. og course thou that takes even more effort and might cause you even more confusion I know.. but there's just the chance it won't..
Whats that saying "keep doing the same thing, you keep getting the same results!" ... maybe this particular hip is just beyond him..
Right, I'm going off to take my own advice too!!!!
Good luck