Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sometimes Even I Can't Believe that These Things Happen To Me

Today was supposed to be my ultrasound with 'possible' injection, based on what the radiologist and BK saw on the ultrasound. All was going well, I arrived to the hospital on time, they actually did have the appointment scheduled (which I am always a little shocked at!). Then things started going downhill, and all I can say is that I was fucking pissed.

The radiologist came in and looked at the prescription and chuckled a little, "possible injection?" he asked, so I explained that BK was supposed to be there too, so his assistant called BKs office, who, let me sidetrack for a moment, knew that this was supposed to be scheduled so that he could come, as well as my PT, since I had first told the scheduler and then he did as well. Well, you can imagine my shock when the radiologists assistant reported back to us that BK was on vacation. NFW. Why the hell was this scheduled for today then???? So, as you can see, this is why I am not just pissed, I am fucking pissed.

So the radiologist did the ultrasound, wasn't too interested in hearing what I had to say, or have me explain what exactly happens, and that I can't reproduce it at will. He did say that my psoas is somewhat irregular and the capsule is very thick. I asked if it was thick bc of the capsular shift, he said it was even too thick for that. He said he could inject either the psoas or the capsule or both, but really needed to know what BK wanted. So no injection today.

I left rather pissed off, but treated myself to some retail therapy!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ohh Susie...you gotta love BKs office and their amazing scheduling. So sorry to hear that. Whats the next step?

Jess said...

OMG Susie, that stinks so bad! I totally feel for you, how bloody irritating! How long will it take to reschedule?
How are you feeling lately?

Susie said...

I think only fellow BK patients can truly understand this...and really know that I am not exaggerating, and these things DO happen!
Jess- I don't know what will happen, of course I haven't heard back from his office so I am just grumpy!

Anonymous said...

does BK have a NURSE as a clinical coordinator??? a nurse would be able to understand the importance of the details in situations like this! the office personnel don't understand enough about the medical aspects of what the surgeon is wanting or needing and a nurse would take the time to interface with the patient...
soccermom