Friday, August 14, 2009

Injection # 6...Scheduled...Finally

To show that I am not an impatient bitch, here is a timeline of events....


Jun 6- all hell broke loose in my hip
Jun 17- appt with BK
Jun 26- MRI
July 2- spoke to BK re MRI and getting cortisone injection
July 21- Cortisone injection
July 29- spoke to BK re PRP injection
so when would you guess it is scheduled.......

no...keep going........

a little longer........


Sept 2- PRP injection scheduled

so yes, I am slightly annoyed and growing impatient. I haven't posted about the annoyance in getting this one scheduled but the mere act of writing about it annoys me. But here it goes. I spoke to BK on a Wed. He said "let's try to get it done this week", to which I simply replied "ok", I wasn't about to start explaining to him how miserable it is to schedule something with his office (I will save this for my next appointment, which will be Sept 25th). I was also supposed to wait for his office to call me with the appointment time.

6 days later, I, of course, had heard nothing, so I called them. They were trying to figure out which hospital should do the injection (HSS or NYP). I let the rest of the week go by, still nothing. I called them back on Monday (this is now 1 1/2 weeks later)....still trying to schedule (it was decided that yes, it could be at NYP with the good radiologist). Radiologist was not in the office that day so nothing could be done. I finally got a call the next day, could I do the following Monday at 10:30? No. I see patients then. Of course, during the past week and a half, no one bothered to ask me what my availability was, mind you, I am pretty flexible, I only see patients 3 mornings/ week, but this never occurred to anyone.

Fast forward to yesterday, 2 weeks + 1 day since it was decided that I would get the PRP. I called his office to see what the problem was now. To which I got this response: "Oh, didn't X call you?" NO...."Can you do Sept 2 at 10:30?" FINE. Clearly I was not about to start having them find me an earlier time, I will take what I can get with them and just deal with it....complain about it, but just deal with it!!!!

2 comments:

Louisa B said...

Hi there, poor you...I'd be steaming..I had surgery for FAI and detached labrum 5 weeks ago, would you expect still to have pretty much the same symptoms at this stage post op as pre op? I wasn't diagnosed for 6 years!
I am recovering but at this stage only in so far as I am just returning to walking. Any advice welcome, not sure if being impatient or have real concerns.

Many thanks

Louisa
myfaihippain.blogspot.com

Susie said...

Louisa, everyone is different (I am sure you have heard this a lot) but I think I felt a lot better at 5 weeks post-op. I was back at work and still having post-op pain but it was very different than the pain I had pre-op.