Friday, June 26, 2009

MRI #4...Over!

All my nervousness and planning was for nothing! I "passed" with flying colors, I don't even think my heart rate went up once during the scan. I followed my own rule about keeping my eyes closed the whole time, let the cool "breeze" from the machine's fan keep me feeling like I was not in an enclosed space, and actually enjoyed the time away from work, kids and my blackberry! I did bring a cd with my own music but it stopped working after the first song, I'm not sure why, the technician wasn't too savvy with the stereo system, but despite this, I was still cool as a cucumber! I did inform her that I was nervous, which at first didn't thrill her. But I explained that it was my 4th scan (5th if you count the knee one last year) and I have always gotten through them. She wanted to know what I did, so I explained that deep breathing helps and that the technician tells me how long each particular series will take. She seemed ok with that and spoke to me in between scans. It even got annoying because I almost fell asleep!!!

Now, the waiting game begins for the results! I will be at a continuing ed course all day Sun, Mon and Tues, so this should keep me occupied! I will post once I know!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you survived the MRI. I hope the results come quickly and that they don't indicate any major problems (or at least if they indicate a problem, that it is something that can be easily fixed without another surgery). My hip problems came back a year after my first surgery and a completely uneventful pregnancy, so I know somewhat how you must be feeling. I wish you all the best and hope you get good news soon.

Jess said...

Yay, Susie! I knew you could do it :-) Here's hoping it's all good news! xx