Sunday, June 7, 2009

Anyone have any Ideas????

It has been 1 1/2 years since my last hip scope and as you can see, things have been great! Last night, I was sitting indian style on my bed, feeding Z, I went to get up and had an awful stabbing pain in the right hip (revision side). I ended up going to sleep in the middle of the movie that J and I were watching, not because the pain was unbearable, it is more of an annoyance. It is starting creep up in intensity as I sit and write this, and when I try to cross my legs it hurts. I have no idea what is going on, no energy to really think too much about it, less energy to apply my own professional opinion to it (Z is not sleeping through the night yet, but he is soooo cute, 20 lbs of solid cuteness), but need this to go away. Anyone care to give their opinion?

4 comments:

Louisa B said...

HI Susie,
I'm new here 'hipster girls uk'I'm not nearly as experienced as you but I would say get it checked if it continues for a week or so, as nothing tells the story like a scan, even if its news you don't want to hear, better sooner rather than later. Hope you don't mind my probably naive advice. But best of luck and I hope thats its trivial gremlins, esp with babies adding to the difficulties (in the same boat).
Good luck,
Louisa

Meeegs said...

My left hip has done that a few times--I was totally convinced that I had another labral tear only to have it be completely fine a couple of days later. I brushed it off as just busting through scar tissue but I'm not as far out from surgery as you (it's been 9 months). Were you sitting cross legged for a really long time? It's the only way I really sit and I know that if I've been seated like that for too long, things really stiffen up in my hips. Good luck!

Megan

Jess said...

I get this sort of thing from time to time, usually after squatting or sitting in the same position for a period of time. When I go to stand up I can't straighten all the way up, it's like the cartilage gets squished or something but usually it goes away after a few steps. If you are having regular sharp pain I would rest, take whatever painkillers you can that don't make u sick and see how you are in a week or so...wouldn't like to think it is a labral tear, but I guess it's always a possibility :-( Hope you're feeling better soon!!

BTW you are right, Zach is so freaken cute!!! You need to post more photos hehe :-)

Anonymous said...

No advice here, but thank you for your blog. My daughter was diagnosed with pincer FAI and labral tear. I ran across your blog in my internet quest for information. Thanks for sharing!