Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And the Good News is.....

Today was my appointment with Dr. Kelly. I had my first ever post-op x-rays done. They showed that my joint space is great on both sides, no arthritis and no narrowing of the joint space! Hurray!!!

One view of the x-ray showed a 'shadow'...he wasn't too clear on what it as, but another view did not have it. Shadow on x-ray=MRI :-(

He thinks there is a possibility that my hip may have subluxed and spontaneously reduced the night when all this started. This may have resulted in a cartilage injury. Possible cartilage injury= MRI :-(

The good news is that he really doesn't think I could have damaged any labral tissue, since it has all been debrided! The good/bad news is that oftentimes the labrum sort of regenerates and you get a nice layer of fibrocartilage there, not quite as good as the articular cartilage labrum, but better than nothing. the bad news is that this may have been injured. Again, possible regenerated labrum injury= MRI :-(

So, as you may have imagined, I have to have an MRI. This will be my 4th, yes, 4th hip MRI in 2 years!

He wanted me to get it tomorrow or the next day, I have soooooo much going on this week between ballet recitals, Pre-K graduations, end of the year parties, parents visiting....this was not a possibility. Luckily (for me), the hospital is booked solid for MRI's for a week and a half, the next available appointment was next Friday @6:00pm. This doesn''t work. Monday and Tuesday I have full day continuing education courses, so Wed, July 1st is the first day I can go. Deep down, I think I am hoping the pain will go away and I can cancel it. I am also looking to score some tranquilizers before I do it LOL!!!! I will have to read back on my surviving MRI tips if I go through with this!

Here is a clip from L's recital. She is the one in pink in the middl.

No comments: