Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Making Headway???

This whole thing has me extremely upset and anxious (which is why I can't sleep at 10:30 when normally would be passed out). I "broke down" today and called Dr. Kelly's office. I am just so confused as well about this.

We spoke this evening, I explained what I did (or lack of "did"). He thinks its possible that my hip may have 'slipped', so I should get an x-ray. Its also possible that my extremely tight psoas (yes, it's very tight and snaps) may have been put into a lot of tension when I was sitting indian style and could have irritated the joint. There could be synovitis. Also, by addressing the FAI surgically, the cartilage can soften making it more susceptible to injury.

So the plan is to see him (he was sooo nice and accommodating) and get an x-ray. I am juggling my schedule in my head trying to figure out the best way to do this. Friday is looking good. Hopefully, the x-ray will be ok, and my joint didn't shift or move or slide (not sure what the solution is to that), then an MRI (shoot me). I asked him if he thought an MRI would show anything at this point, he said it would show an acute injury or inflammation or synovitis. Then, maybe an injection. I'm not taking any anti-inflammatories bc of my other issues (Crohn's disease), and haven't taken anything for pain, but was reminded tonight that Tylenol works great for me.

J thinks I am overreacting and had the audacity to tell me I have a low tolerance for pain. Need I remind him I just had a baby without any drugs at all, as well as the lack of drugs I ever took pre-op. Yes, I am freaked out, but after all I went through, I REALLY can't go through it again.


Speaking of J, he is down 100+ lbs

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hugs Suzie! xx I really hope you are feeling better soon and this is just a minor bump in the road!
Is this the same J that is kind of going through this himself and complaining to you about his hips??? Tell him to put a sock in it lol
Sending healing thoughts your way.