Sunday, September 28, 2008

Packing Painfree

We are on our way out the door, for a trip to Miami for the Jewish new year. Packing was a pleasure this year. When my hip problems were running rampant, packing used to be a nightmare, the squatting and lifting and carrying etc. The only issue this year seems to be that kids are so excited to go they have been up since 6:45, asking when we can go to the airport!

The only issue I continue to occasionally experience is nerve pain on my anterior thigh. It has been 10 1/2 months since my revision, I don't think it will ever fully go away. And its not like I constantly deal with it, only some days, it seems to come and go. A small price to pay in my opinion.

While I was bragging about Jk last week, I forgot to mention L's astute comment about the baby! Have I mentioned that the baby has been named "ice cream"? So one day, L says to me "Mommy, is ice cream in your blood"? Hmmm, how do I explain this one, its not quite as simple as "the femoral head sits in the acetabulum". "No, L, ice cream lives in a pouch in my tummy". She started cracking up like it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. "Mommy, you're not a kangaroo", she said. To which I started cracking up. We ended the discussion with me pulling up a schematic on the computer of a pregnant woman's uterus, with the baby inside, "pouch" and all! Now she gets it!

An update on my brother: He has to go to PT first, I don't know if he has actually started but definitely has a bad attitude since PT did not work for me pre-op, and for many others.

An update on my patient: I am still a huge wuss!! She is off of crutches, went to Costco and Target in one day this week. She is painfree- she used to have debilitating back pain as well, she no longer does. I am so amazed. Pre-op, for many years, she walked with a cane, she no longer does. And she did not have cortisone injected into the joint during surgery (I witnessed it with my own eyes!)

No comments: