Sunday, June 3, 2007

3 month update


So my blog is not exactly in chronological order, since I am trying to write about past events, but think it is important to write about current events while they are fresh in my mind.
I am now 3 months out from my first scope. I really do feel good! The picture above is my daughter on a trip to the zoo we took this past Friday. It has definitely been a roller coaster ride in terms of pain and rehab, but I am confident that the way I am feeling is a good thing. I still have occasional pain in my right (operated) hip, but it is usually with activity only, as opposed to the unoperated hip which can flare up after activity as well. My pain is in a pretty specific place, inside the joint, I am pretty sure this is where the bone spur was. I am not sure the pain will ever fully go away, I will update as time goes on. I have pinching pain with extreme hip flexion, as well as internal rotation.
Shoe choice plays as important role in my pain level, too high, not enough support, too low....all can cause a flare up. I do best in my Dansko's, Crocs, and Juicy flip flops. I wear ballet flats to work on occasion, but I cannot do extensive walking in them.
Tomorrow will be my first day of "prehab". My official "rehab" phase is now over and I will continue on with my exercises to keep my right hip strong for the next phase of crutches.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hi, just wanted to say congrats on getting through your first scope and good luck for the next! I'm in NZ and am having a scope for labral tear L Hip in 2 weeks and it is encouraging to hear positive stories :-) Look forward to reading more.
Jess

Jess said...

Hi, just wanted to say congrats on getting through your first scope and good luck for the next! I'm in NZ and am having a scope for labral tear L Hip in 2 weeks and it is encouraging to hear positive stories :-) Look forward to reading more.
Jess

Susie said...

Jess,
Best of luck with your upcoming surgery! A poisitve attitude helps alot!
Susie