Monday, February 1, 2010

Secret PT Visit: Part 2

Today was my follow up with my "secret" PT. I most likely will not be seeing him again, but he has been able to give me some great advice. It seems that my back pain is coming from muscle imbalances, mostly my glutes are super weak. He gave me 3 exercises to do for the next 10 days to activate the glutes and hopefully get me stronger and out of pain.

What's great is that immediately when I exercise, my back starts to feel better, so I know that by "waking up" my glutes, I start to move and function better.

In general my back has been better, I have increased my exercises in PT and added a few more challenging ones, and I had my back worked on 3 times last week. I still "spasmy" but definitely getting better.

I have to say that I know I post a lot less than I did for my previous surgeries, but life with 3 kids just wears me out, and by the time they are in bed, I am usually ready for bed too! I am still not back at work yet, but do find myself busy all the time. I plan on returning in 3 weeks. I will be working my regular, part time hours. I agreed to cover someones maternity leave in another office. It would be managing the office and working three 12 hour days....I hope I don't regret it!!

1 comment:

Louisa B said...

exercises please `i'd love to know have the same problem