Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sometimes I Really Wonder....

There are days I am so spacey, it is a wonder how I got myself out of bed, dressed and to work, and managed to leave L and Jk safely at home, out of harms way. To make matters worse, my legs now hurt just to stand on them. Yes, I am developing cankles (let me know if that needs further explaining). I have had bouts with cankles during previous pregnancies but never this early (15+ weeks). It is so bad that it hurts to stand, which can pose a slight problem at work as I stand most of the time. My Danskos help a lot, but not enough. And I wonder if I am uncomfortable enough to go out and get (gasp) support hose, but I wake up each day and hope and pray that it will be a better day in cankle world.

On top of ankle and foot pain, yesterday, towards the end of the day, my right (revision) thigh started to hurt, in the usual sore areas. But it was a different kind of pain, it was the same throbbing I get in my feet, only it travelled to the op-site. Weird. So now, instead of just sore ankles and feet, I have a sore thigh, I wonder how it all ties together, any ideas? Anyone experience this ever?

While I am on the "sometimes I really wonder" issue, I want to add that I have a few letters after my name that I picked up from an Ivy league institute, no, I am not bragging, but I want you to understand the full implications of the stupidity that at times follows me throughout the day, and makes me (and J) wonder, really wonder what I am thinking.

My latest moment of sheer stupidity came last night, after months and months of talking, I finally decided on which type of window shades I wanted in our bedroom. So I have been price shopping around, and found them really cheap (or so I thought) on a website. I called the customer service number to place my order and the price was 3 times what I had seen online. I was shocked. It wasn't until the sales rep asked if I had actually put in my window measurements on the website that I realized that the price is based on the size of the blind (duh) and they were not as cheap as I thought.

This morning at the supermarket, the expiration date of the milk was on the back side of the bottle, so I tilted it towards me and it looked like it said 08/01, just 2 more days. And every bottle seemed to say 08/01. Until I looked at every bottle and finally actually took one out did I realize I was reading upside down and it actually said 08/10.

Have I mentioned I need a vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is just loss of brain cells from pregnancy....they all come back later after the kids get a little older. :)
soccermom

Susie said...

How old????? I have definitely not recovered and mykids rae 4 and 2 1/2!

Anonymous said...

they are slowly regenerating, susie and mine are 11, 13, 15. the problem is ...when you have teenagers, you get real dumb (you know, they look at you like you are stupid half the time). so although the brain cells regenerated from pregnancy, you seem to "lose" them again during the teen years. but i am confident they will all come back once the kids get older and start having their own kids. my mom and dad seem so much smarter now than they did when i was younger....
soccermom