Sunday, May 30, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

...Or not!! So once again, it has been a roller coaster of issues with my hip. It is a lot better than before I began this round of PT, the capsule is a lot "looser" and is not getting stuck as often. It does often click or pop. A lot of time I will be trying to shave my legs and the leg just wont externally rotate, it then pops, and is then able to rotate. Weird. What bothers me is that I still get pain in the joint and I don't know why. It is not excruciating, I don't take anything for it, I don't even use the Flector patches on it anymore, I have just gotten used to it I guess. I am at the point where I just give up, at lest for now. I don't think there is anything else to be done at this point, and many people need up to a year to feel better, so maybe I need to have a little bit of patience and wait. This is easier said than done, bc at 29, I don't want to have pain when doing simple activities, like cleaning out my closet, taking the kids for a walk (yes, these are all activities that cause me pain), but I have resolved to "chill out" and give it some time.

My crazy work schedule is coming to an end in 2 weeks, thank goodness, so we will see what happens. I had PT this week, and he managed to really loosen up my hip, and get me to have normal stride length. This lasted a total of 4 minutes. Once I was back outside, walking the streets of NYC, I had pain, which was incredibly frustrating. I have an appointment with BK in a few weeks, mostly to get an x-ray and make sure the bone is where it needs to be. I called about 2 weeks ago (middle of May) to make an appointment, the receptionist asked if I was in pain, I said yes. She told me she would try to "squeeze me in", "how's June 22nd". Seriously!! The truth is that it doesn't even matter bc there is nothing to be done, or at least that I am open to doing (injections, drugs...), but she managed to give me June 15th! I will try to be better about updating my blog, but work is sucking the life out of me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susie,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. You know that I unfortunately know how tough it is to go through yet another surgery hoping this one will do the trick, and to have things not turn out as planned. And just how frustrating it is to know that the only thing to do right now is wait!

I hope that time and your new exercises and less time on your feet at work (coming up soon I hear!) will bring you some improvement. And get you back to enjoying the basics with your family!