Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Weight loss Miracle

I thought I had posted this already but it seems that in the midst of a few winter storms and 2 preschoolers in the house, I actually did not.
J is now 5 1/2 weeks out from lap band surgery. The way lap band works is that for the first year you return to the surgeon monthly for adjustments to your band, to tighten it so that you feel some restriction. J's first scheduled adjustment was this past Fri. When he arrived, he saw the PA who could not believe how much weight he had already lost (just about 50 lbs). She said the average is 2 lbs per week, he is at around 5 lbs per week (since the surgery). She was so impressed that she called in the 2 surgeons who were in the office that day to see him, who were also blown away by his progress. They said they haven't seen this kind of result in a long time, if ever. They want their research team to contact him about it! He is soooo happy, as well as relieved that he avoided an adjustment that day!

He is still complaining of hip pain though. I am not sure if he should continue to wait a bit and lose more weight before addressing it, or get, at the minimum, an x-ray now. Actually, I am not sure how much whining I can take at the moment, so my patience may dictate how long he waits!!!

In the baby world, I have been having mild contractions/ cramping for a day and a half. It is nothing serious, more of an annoyance. I was at my OB yesterday who thinks it may be because the head is super low, but she would ideally not like this baby born for another 2 weeks. My bigger concern is that she is going on vacation on Saturday for a week, so if this baby is coming soon, it needs to come before Sat., or wait another week!!!

1 comment:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Ok, it's been 2 1/2 weeks since your last post? Did you have the baby?

Waiting for news!