Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is HOT!!!

Clearly what you have in mind is NOT what is on my mind right now! If you could see the box that these stockings came out of, you would see that it reads: "Recommended for: tired and aching legs, swollen and minor fatigue, minor heaviness".

I was at wits end today, my ankles no longer exist. They have been replaced by what used to be "cankles" but today became fat feet oozing out of shoes, to put it gently. I was no longer able to stand on my feet, much less walk and function, so I broke down. I had a quick break at work and literally raced to the nearest surgical supply store in search of these. Sexy, right! Mine are black!

I found the store, ready to buy my super cool, black lacy stockings (with moderate compression), and imagine my surprise to find that it is "manned" by 3 old men. Imagine walking in Victoria's Secret to find THE outfit, and have men helping you.

Well, maybe that is an exaggeration, but eww. Plus, there was no one else in the store, so all 3 were "helping" me.

Once we all determined what I needed, I happily left with my new piece of wardrobe, ready to attack all orthopaedic ailments that would walk through the front door of my office. I grabbed the bag, ran tot he bathroom to put them on, and to my horror, there was a brown pair in the bag. Shit.

So another 2 hours of tortuous leg pain got me through the rest of the day so I could make another run for the store. This time, there was only one old man working there, who politely informed me that they were "final sale, and no returns". As usual, the patheticness of my situation made him feel sorry for me and he quietly swiped the brown pair for a black pair. I also ended up purchasing a knee high pair to wear at home, when no one is looking!

I am not sure why I am having this much swelling, but it is pretty bad. (Bad enough for me to buy compression stockings!). I have an OB appointment tomorrow, I am hoping that this is a problem limited to my feet and legs, and will resolve in the near future. There is always the little voice in my head asking if there is a lymph issue from my surgeries, but since it was not a problem when I was not pregnant, I am confident that it will clear up after this pregnancy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you said cankles!