Sunday, November 16, 2008

1 Year Revision Anniversary

It has now been one year since my last (and final) surgery. How the time has flown. What a great feeling it is to know that my surgeries have been successful and I have no limitations from them in my life.

The joint feels perfect! I will have a post-op x-ray at some point after the baby is born to check for signs of arthritis or anything else, but I suspect nothing will turn up. I do occasionally battle some muscular issues, which I mention on this blog when they come about. Like currently, my ITB is not too happy, but again, who knows how much of it has to do with my actual hip joint and how much has to do with being 7 months pregnant. Since I got pregnant so soon after surgery, many of these questions will remain unanswered. The only question I can answer is that 3 hipscopes have not really affected this pregnancy. I do have significantly more swelling in my feet than I have had in my previous 2 pregnancies, but a) it is unclear whether it is directly related to the hipscopes and b) in the grand scheme of things, it is merely an inconvenience.

In other parts of my life, J's surgery went extremely well last Monday. He is already down 32 lbs since beginning the 2 week pre-op diet, and having been "banded" for 6 days. My brother has been in PT for about 5 weeks with no change in his pain level. He does report feeling stronger though. He has decided that he probably wants surgery. My only request to him was that he PLEASE call Dr. Kelly and discuss this ASAP because I would really appreciate it if he had the surgery before the baby is born. He has yet to call.

Jk will turn 3 this month, marking the 2 year anniversary of when my hips "fell apart", a lot has happened in 2 years!

Many of you have been sending me questions by posting them on older posts. I will usually read your questions and then forget to write back! If you would like a response, your best bet is to email me directly suzq613@aol.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3715241