Sunday, October 26, 2008

28 Weeks Pregnant

Just this morning I was thinking that I haven't blogged in a while, and how thrilled I have been with my hips throughout my pregnancy. Until today, the only time I have experienced hip pain was in conjunction with my SI joint issues, which do occasionally happen, and are common in pregnancy. The only other time I felt anything in my hips was after a 3 hour car ride. That's it, I really can't complain.

Then my luck changed! I don't know exactly what happened, or what is happening. I was sitting on the floor, building a kick-ass train track for Jk today. When I went to get up, I kneeled on my left knee and used my right foot to push up and something felt weird. From that point on, I began having right hip pain, all over again. It is not exactly groin pain, it is more of adductor/psoas/ joint capsule crap. The one thing that does reassure me though is that when I did my mini "hip test" if flexion and flexion/ adduction, it did not make the pain worse. So a huge sigh of relief. Most likely just some muscular things going on, due to the prganancy and hormones and change in weight and forces and all that fun stuff that comes with being months pregnant.

I will hopefully wake up in no pain tomorrow morning but will keep you updated on this sudden turn of events!

No comments: