Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hipscope #4

I will be in Dr.Kelly's OR this Tuesday for the 4th time.....
but for the first time, I will not be on the table!!

One of my patients is having her hip scoped and I will be there to watch! You can only imagine how excited I am, and how much I will enjoy this! After all I have been through, I am so excited to see what happened after I drifted off into lala land!!

She has a labral tear, FAI and he is (gasp) releasing her psoas, but my mouth is shut. I can only be a pain in the ass when it involves my own hips and I am so grateful to be allowed in the OR!

9 comments:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

I gasped when I read "hipscope #4" - whew, I'm glad you're not the patient this time!

How cool that you actually get to watch the surgery. I can't wait to hear all the details!

Jess said...

THAT was mean! LOL have fun :-)

Meeegs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meeegs said...

I'm so jealous!!


(btw, this is Megan from the Yahoo groups)

Anonymous said...

You'll love it, susie! my PT went and saw my revision and she said it was really cool. she watched them anchor the tear, do the osteoplasty (she said that took a long time and was kinda boring), and watched (OMG!) the psoas release.
soccermom

Anonymous said...

very cool susie! and very existential (sp) please tell us why we deal with so many nagging issues afterwards! jen

Susie said...

I knew you guys would be excited as well!! I should sneak in a camera and have a live feed going! hahaha!!! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Thats cool, any other word on your brother? Is he coming to see your Dr?

Susie said...

Updates(s)- My brother is coming in to see Dr K on Fri morning so we should have answers then. I am in panic mode bc the perosn who was supposed to get back to me regarding where to go for surgery did not get back to me on Fri (hospital issue, not OS office) but the surgery is not scheduled until 2pm so I have time to figure it all out!