Thursday, July 18, 2013

4 weeks since HWR and Glute repair

Well, I can say that this surgery has certainly thrown me for a loop, which I should have expected, but was trying to be hopeful. It has most definitely not been my easiest surgery, as my OS assured me it would be. At 4 weeks I am still on 2 crutches. I tried using 1 yesterday and I can walk well with it but there is significant pain in my glute and I paid the price later in the day. I have had horrible bruising, it is finally going down and fading now. I have my first PT session next week so we will see what my PT wants me to start with. At 4 weeks I don't feel better than preop but I am sure it will come soon. I am still really sore on the greater trochanter and really swollen. Ice is my best friend because I have completely stopped pain meds because I was so sick a few weeks back. I am still occasionally battling dizziness, headaches, nausea etc, but less and less every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the implications for scar tissue and soft tissue damage with so many surgeries in the same area?Could that become a bigger issue than the microinstability you were trying to treat? I've had multiple surgeries on the same leg and I'm trying to figure out if there is a tipping point.

Susie said...

Luckily I don't have an issue with scar tissue. I can't speak for others though but I guess like wij any decision, you have to weigh the pros and cons