Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why Why Why

Aside from my ridiculous, drawn out hip issues, I think I have mentioned that I also have a shoulder issue. I have had 2 cortisone injections, the each last about 6 months. I am at that 6 month mark right now and in excruciating pain. the last time I saw my shoulder doc he warned me that he won't keep injecting me forever, eventually I will have to "address" the issue. "Addressing" the issue obviously means surgery, which at this point is just plain funny to me, I mean, how many surgeries can one person have in such a short amount of time?

At the same time though, how much pain can I deal with in such a short amount of time? People have suggested that I have my shoulder and hip done at the same time which must be just about the dumbest thing anyone could say. But, I am seriously considering doing it 4 or 5 weeks later...the pain is that bad. I have an appointment with my shoulder doc in about a month but there is no way I can wait that long. I am going to call today and beg and plead for an appointment tomorrow, I need an injection just to work, sleep, take care of my kids etc. And I will be open to discussing (not scheduling) surgery...I can't keep living like this.

On a brighter note, I have had to pop Advil like candy just to function with this shoulder pain and my hip is reaping the benefits!!!

No comments: