Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Ass Hurts

After 5 surgeries and years of on again off again pain I reached my breaking point. I am having so much pain at my ischial tuberosity that I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I've never gotten to this point but the pain has just worn me down and I'm becoming depressed, moody, and just unpleasant to be around. I emailed my OS last week and by Tuesday I hadn't heard back. My pre-op MRI stated that I have hamstring tendinosis and a tear, this fits my symptoms which is ass pain, specifically at the ischial tuberosity and pain with sitting. I was at PT which is about 50' from his office on Tuesday morning. I had tears in my eyes from the pain and downright frustration. I turned to my PT and said that I will give up my treatment time with him and I need him to go speak to my OS bc I can't take this anymore. I said tell him I need something Now. My preference is cortisone but I'll take what I can get. He quickly returned and said that my OS said I should do a PRP injection into the hamstring. They have had athletes who have had great success with this. So I am in the process of deciding who to have do it. The radiologist who has done all my other injections is looking into it for me, he needs to be able to get the PRP equipment. I called 2 physiatrists that my OS recommended in the meantime just to have something set up in case my radiologist can't do it. They want $1250. Upfront. Gulp!!! I really have no choice at this point bc I can't continue to not be able to sit comfortably.

On a positive note, I saw my shoulder OS and he is thrilled with how things look. I don't need to see him again, he said you don't have to keep coming back to tell me things are great! He told me to be careful for the next month bc it is still healing but after that no restrictions!

2 comments:

citygirlbites said...

I just came across your site. I have also had butt pain and have hamstring tendonosis and a small tear as well as spurs on the ischeal tuberosity. It was horrible for about 9 months and could barely sit down. It took about 9 mo but finally got better. I still have chronic hamstring/butt pain, but is comes and goes and is manageable. I had to get a standing desk (I work at a hospital as I couldn't sit for months. I also go to HSS for all my aches and pains. Had prp done also to my shoulder (as well as surgery) . I would be more than happy to discuss my experiences with this hamstring stuff as well as shoulder prp. Feel free to contact me at mmckitt@aol.com Martha

Anonymous said...

Did the PRP injection help?
CJ