Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Double Update

Hip: I had an appt with my hip OS a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post yet. I am almost 1 year out from my last (4th) hip scope and very pleased with the results. I have no pain at all in my hip. the only residual effect from that surgery is that my hip is really tight and still catches and pops quite often. I don't care though, I will take that over groin pain any day. My OS explained that during the capsule tightening procedures, sometimes they make it a little too tight, he recommended more PT to keep it loose, since that is what I do when it gets bad, but he would like me to take a more preventative approach with PT and go before it gets bad. In theory, that is a wonderful idea, in reality, who has time for more PT!!! He also offered me a cortisone injection into the capsule, which I politely declined as well...no more hip injections for me! I will deal with this!

Shoulder: It has been 2 weeks since I had the AC joint injected and I am thrilled with the results. The joint does not hurt at all anymore. Although I still get some pain around the area sometimes, It is tolerable. In a very "susie-like" fashion, I requested the OS office note and the radiology report on my x-ray...OS suspects AC joint arthritis, if the injection doesn't help he will order an MRI to rule out osteolysis, which is not a common problem in 30 year old housewives!!!! (ok, I work too, but still...), it is more of a weight lifter issue, and the only weights I lift are 40 lbs toddlers and pots and pans!!!!

No comments: