Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5K Training...taking a break :-(

My 5K training has been going especially well, I a quite impressed with myself since I have never been a runner before but mentally really needed something to get me out of the "hip slump".
Last week I ordered a pair of Fit Flops thinking they would be great to help tone up my legs. Well....they were anything but great. I developed horrendous ankle pain, right worse than left. My right ankle is so swollen and painful that there are parts of the day that I think I have a stress fracture. I was wearing socks at Pilates yesterday and the swelling began hanging over the sock...gross!! When I first wake up it feels ok but as I start walking on it I feel it begin to swell and the pain comes back with a vengeance. It obviously doesn't help that I am on my feet the entire time that I am at work. I am hoping that this will go away on its own...not in the mood for doctors and x-rays :-(

6 comments:

Louisa B said...

I tried MBT's pre op and was in agony.. I later found out the trouble is for us that they are exercising/straining the very muscles that are been totally overworked by our funky hips and in the end gave them away! I don't think I'd try again because I think post op those muscles STILL cause me loads of grief and I'll just irritate them again.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried support hose? Hopefully you work in air conditioning.

Barbara

Unknown said...

How are the ankles? Letting you go back to yoru 5K training???

Sloan said...

Hi Susie. Just checking in on your blog. I am so impressed "5K Training". Just wanted to mentioned I too had problems with them and totally agree with louiseawb. Same with the crocs.I think that we still don't have stability in the hips and being too flexible we do over work the feet. I too have some oot issues that popped up after the surgery.

Susie said...

I havent gone back bc of time and I tried a few weeks ago and it hurt my hip. Hopefully I will have more time now!

Sloan said...

How are your ankles doing?