Monday, June 21, 2010

"The Recommendation...And What I Am Doing About It

I have been having episodes of groin pain and tightness, definitely better than
a few months ago, but still making me crazy anyway. I just don't want to deal
with it anymore. I saw BK last week, my x-rays look great. Actually, my multiple
scoped hip looks fantastic angle-wise, my single scoped hip doesn't look 'as
perfect' to him, but it is perfect to me! He thinks I should go back to PT to
address my lingering tightness and pain. I agree, but.... I really don't want to
go back to PT! I love my PT but at almost 8 months out, I don't want to continue
or go back. I have decided to work on it on my own and in my craziness I am
starting a 'couch to 5k' program tomorrow. I desperately want to get into an
exercise routine, and have a goal, and be excited to do it. I think this is a
good way. I really hope this won't make my pain worse or my capsule tighter. My
plan is to start tomorrow, if all goes well this week then I will splurge on a
good pair of running shoes next weekend. J is training with me and I think I
convinced my parents too!

Hopefully this can get my past the latest bump in the hip journey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I prefer the couch-2-TV training plan, but have if your way. ;-P

BK always thinks more PT is the way to go. In fact, he "blamed" me for my surgery not working because I wasnt doing enough PT. If I had a dollar for the number of times he has told me to give it more time and do more PT I could finance my next surgery. Or at least the hotel room. Or maybe another trip to NYC for him to tell me just to do more PT. Bummer it seems to work much better in his mind than my hip.