Monday, March 2, 2009

OMG I haven't posted in a long time

Wow, it's been a while! Zach is 7 weeks old today and keeping me busy! Luckily I have great help!
(I have no idea why that is underlined but I can't seem to change it)


I wanted to post last week but never found the time! My brother had his hip arthroscopy last Monday. This has been a problem for him since last April. He had very similar symptoms as me, except that he is extremely athletic and I, well, am a mother of 3 with a job! His surgery went well, and he had a torn labrum, synovitis, cam and pincer FAI. Sound familiar? Weird that we both have (had) cam and pincer.



He stayed with me for 5 days after his surgery and then flew home. My mom was here too. Just so you have an idea of how well he did post-op (or how poorly I did), every time someone called my mom to ask how he was, I always heard her say "He is doing great, so much better than Susie ever did!"





Ok, so I don't do that well immediately post-op, I have a "thing" with drugs, we just don't get along! But long term, I did kick ass, if I do say so myself!!!





So, at 7 weeks post partum with a rather large baby, my hip joint is still great. I did start having some adductor and flexor tendonitis a few weeks ago. I am not sure why. I have in the past developed SI joint issues a few weeks/ months postpartum and I wonder if it is related. The pain is the worst when I "wear" Zach. Yes, I am a "baby wearer", currently in a Storchenwiege wrap.

Yep, Zach is inside the blue fabric, sleeping soundly, at 1 month old, at Disney World!

So all in all, I can say that pregnancy and delivery have not had a negative effect on my hips. I am confident that the tendonitis will resolve (I forgot to mention it is only on the right (revision) side). Exhaustion is kicking now.....







No comments: