Sunday, June 23, 2013

I am unscrewed!

My unscrewing was 4 days ago. Leading up to the surgery I was pretty calm. My OS and I had discussed things and decided that while taking out the screws he would do whatever he could to help my gluteus medius. This including repairing any and all tears and injecting PRP. It turns out I didn't have a bad tear but I had a stretched out tendon. I am not 100% sure why it was stretched. My OS said it may have healed like that after the open dislocation or, since I hadn't been firing, it looked all loose. I guess it's one of those situations- what came first, the chicken or the egg. Surgery was on Thursday (6/20/12) and I was supposed to come home that day. Since I am usually not the star patient in the PACU, I had a lot of trouble recovering and was in a lot of pain so I ended up staying over. The next day things didn't go too well. I was in a lot of pain and very dizzy. The hospital won't discharge you until you "pass" PT. I was too dizzy for PT so I was stuck another night. Yesterday was almost a repeat of the day before. I failed PT twice bc I was too dizzy and in pain. Plus the PT said I was way too pale and was nervous I would pass out. Everyone gets PT 2x/day so I maxed out my opportunities. I REALLY didn't want to stay another night so I skipped a dosage of pain meds and made sure I drank a ton of juice and ate a little. I asked my nurse to beg the PT to give me one more chance. A really nice PT came back and cleared me to leave! Yippee!! So now I am home, I feel like I did after my open surgery, if I don't move I am fine, if I walk, roll in bed, sit, scoot etc I see stars. My OS took pics with his phone so I a waiting for him to send the to me, he showed me in the PACU but I was a little out of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly and quickly!!!