Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hardware Removal Pre-op Appointment

I decided to make an appointment with my OS to go over some last minute pre-op concerns. Primarily what the heck is going to happen with my glutes. He will fix whatever needs fixing and suture it back down. He will also put prp in while in the surgery to promote healing. Post op I will be on crutches for 2 weeks minimum and no active abduction for 2 weeks minimum. Since I've been on crutches this whole time I shouldn't expect to miraculously walk!

4 comments:

Louisa B said...

Susie, it just goes on and on, isn't it hard not to be defined by this, always watching your saga and willing you on!

Susie said...

It is so very hard. I feel like this year has been such a struggle, and 6 months later to not have my life back.... But onward and upward! I'm actually really excited about the hardware removal- which is kind of funny bc I am usually such a mess before surgery....I am cool, calm and collected and counting the days until I can have my life back! 6+ years of pain, procedures and difficulty....finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Susie! Followed you 6 years ago when I had my first scope in MA, now looking you up again. Thinking I need another one, they want to see me in clinic again, but first open appt is in August, and my insurance only covers CT. Wanted to know if you know of any scope docs in CT that come highly recommended. Back when I had the first one done, there weren't too many around; hoping that has changed. Feel better first and I will check back in a couple days. Thanks!