Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why Do I Open My Big Fat Mouth???

Just when I thought things were peachy, reality hit once again. Lets regroup and look at the big picture, if hip arthroscopy is supposed to have a full recovery time of 6-12 months, why I am bragging at 3 that I'm perfect. Someone please say "shut up Susie", you know you imagined those 12 seconds of painfree bliss, there is NO FRIGGIN WAY you are done with your grizzling (thanks Jess, I've been waiting for a good opportunity to use your word). So, if it makes everyone happy again, I had a wild dose of reality yesterday.

Normally, I work a 5 hour day, at which point I am beat, exhausted, and ready for cup of coffee #4 (or 5). My office is a bit understaffed this week because of vacation time as well as people at continuing education courses (see, its not just me who is a huge dork), so I volunteered to work 11 hours yesterday. 8 hours in, my legs both hurt so much, I was soooo sore, my piriformis threatened to go into spasm, my adductors tightened up again as did sartorius. Truthfully, I think many of my colleagues felt the same way at the 8 and 9 hour mark, it is an exhausting day. I can't wait to revert back to part time status!

No comments: