Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

If you have been reading my posts, you know things have not been going great for me lately, yes, things could be a lot worse, but things could be better too! On the eve of my 27th birthday, I reflect on 26, boy did it suck!
Ok, I have my 2 gorgeous kids, my husband, my family and my career, all of that is great, healthwise I have been a mess. Can you believe that before 26, I was never sick, never had any medical condition, the most serious thing that ever happened was my planned c-section with L. The first time I ever called a doctor was when I was pregnant with her, about 7 or 8 weeks along, it was around lunchtime, and I had thrown up 5 times already. I was on the bathroom floor at school, crying, not knowing how I was going to make it through the next 32 weeks! But I digress!

So before 26, things were peachy. Then came 26, with 26 came my first mortgage and down-payment, so a lot of what happened early on was attributed to stress. Luckily, nothing was too serious, but the shear amount of non-serious things was enough for me to will 27 to come sooner!

26 started with what I thought was a splinter in my foot, turned out to be a (gross) wart, so I had my first podiatrist appointment. Then came my Crohn's diagnosis, a week later I broke my toe (first broken bone ever), a UTI (first ever), hip pain right, hip scope right, hip pain left, Crohn's flare-up, diagnosis of gallstone, hip scope left, right hip pain.

So tomorrow 27 will start, and hopefully all of this will go away. I have lately become obsessed with checking my insurance explanation of benefits, which basically tells me what a doctor billed, and how much was paid, would you believe that in the last 6 months there have been 59 claims submitted under my name, and my most recent surgery has not been submitted yet! I know 80 year olds with less medical issues!!! May 27 be a better and brighter year!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Susie! I hope you get to enjoy your day. It sounds like you're making great progress...even if you can't do the shopping, at least you can get out of the house for a break! Keep chugging along, you're great inspiration. Kudos to your mum for all her help, kick the hubby's butt, he should be helping you in your time of need!
I enjoy reading your posts so keep them coming :-) If you like to visit my page and blog, its www.jessmcb.com
Cheers
Jess

Susie said...

Thanks Jess! I am always curious if I am the only nut who keeps a blog!! It really helps me "say" whatever is on my mind, and what everyone else is sick of hearing! It is hard for others to really understand what we are going through, how is your recovery coming along?