Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Prehab, day 1

Yesterday started out like every other Mon, Wed, Fri! Drag myself out of bed because I know my PT is waiting for me, I don't want to be late because I will put him behind schedule for the rest of the day.....But then I remembered something, I don't have an appointment, yippee!!!! I am done with PT!

Ok, not really, my official prescription says I am done, but my brain tells me it would be silly not to continue for one more month, to keep the operated leg strong and able to support me on crutches, and hey, I work in the PT office, no one minds me taking up the space (at least they don't tell me they do!). So its one more month of squats on the bosu ball, walking side squats and single leg balancing on a variety of objects! It is going to be difficult returning to PT the day after surgery (yes, the day after, my surgeon is crazy!!!!) and not being able to do more than maybe squeeze my butt muscles!! At least this time I know what I will be capable of doing a few weeks/ months down the line.

I have begun subconsciously preparing for surgery, I am nesting, similar to what pregnant women do as their due date approaches. I organized my closet 2 nights ago, and attacked my daughter's room today. The day before my last surgery, I had 2 closets redone, everything was taken out, new shelves were put in, and I was left with the task of reorganizing both closets that day. There was no way I could go into surgery with a clear head with a messy closet, and who knew when I would be able to put them back together!

No comments: