Sunday, December 21, 2014

2 years post open surgical dislocation/ sdd

I guess time really flies. It has been 2 years since I had my open SDD, 2 years since the hellish roller coaster ride of a violent, gruesome surgery. 2 years since my life was turned upside down and permanently changed. But looking back now, 2 years later, I have come a very long way. I now function like a normal person. No one in my new city even has a clue about my past. No one walks up to me and says "wow, you are walking so well" or "wow, you are finally off of crutches". I look just like everyone else does on the outside. Of course no one has X-ray vision and sees my scars, my surgically reconstructed labrum, my cadaver hip, my reattached glute etc. But from what they can see, I look normal. I have come a very long way in 2 years. And yes, most people would have made it to where I am a lot sooner than 2 years, but nonetheless, I am grateful I have come to this point and hope I will continue to make improvements.

2 comments:

the cao online said...

Nạp Tiền ViettelMua The Dien Thoai với các loại The Cao Online

Anonymous said...

Hoorayyyy after all these years, now we are both fixed!!! Totally relate to your post.. to my son's class of school Mums I am 'hip problem Mum', not really invited out, to my daughter's class parents, I am just me, a regular person, with no idea of my past. Its a hard place we have been to, but boys its character building. So happy to read this X Louisa FAI Awareness