Saturday, December 14, 2013

Trochanteric Bursa Injection

I had my bursa injected 2 days ago. It was ultrasound guided and scheduled as a possible aspiration of the swelling in my leg. Fortunately of unfortunately (not sure which) there is no clear defined pocket of fluid but rather it is dispersed interstitially and could not be removed. I am going to speak to my PT about it and maybe start to wear compression shorts to reduce it. I was in a ton of pain yesterday, today was better. I am cautiously optimistic bc my last few cortisone injections have started like this and then been horrible for 2 weeks before subsiding again and kicking in. Unfortunately I am so busy for the next few weeks and can't really take it easy until we go on vacation for the kids holiday break. I will try to write an update soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How you holding up Susie? Hope vacation's treating you well!

SRI BHAVANI CAR TRAVELS said...

I have always been curious about the cortisone shot. Especially because you always hear about professional athletes getting them. Good luck with your race (and injury).
Regards