Saturday, October 19, 2013

4 months post hardware removal/ glute repair

I have been to PT 3 times and all I can say is that it is has been life changing. I can walk now. Well, I can walk well now. Some things seem like they haven't really changed, but I know they have. I am still on the same routine, crutch when I leave the house, no crutch at home....but I can walk like rock star now with my crutch! Quite honestly, I am pretty fed up with people asking my why I need my crutch since I walk so well, or, my all time least favorite "how much longer do you need that thing?".... To which I'd like to reply "do I look like a fucking fortune teller?" But always smile and say "just a few more weeks". The issue really is that at times, I can walk perfectly, with no crutch. I can stand in my kitchen and prepare meals for over a dozen guests, I can do homework, feed, and put my kids to bed. But usually, at some unpredictable point, my glute will rebel and say enough! Then I am on my own. If I am lucky I have my crutch, other times I have not been so lucky and have gotten myself into a tricky situation where I am half a block from home, no crutch and no functioning glute. I have learned that as much as I want to, I have to take my crutch with me if I am planning on waking more than half a block. My glute now fires but has no endurance and quickly fatigues and shuts down. This is going to be a long an tedious process until I can do everything I want with a fully functioning glute!

No comments: