Monday, April 16, 2012

4 1/2 Months Post-op

As my hip journey continues to drag on, my hope for normalcy is slowly fading away. I have pretty much lost faith that there is help for my hip and am trying to  tell myself that I would be better off with a hip replacement in the near future.

Last week I sent my OS an email asking him for a cortisone injection, I hope to be able to have it this week. I also am quitting PT (again). I can't stand the thought of spending my entire day going and coming, and being in worse pain for days after. The price is also becoming prohibitive with a high copay and city parking prices. My hope is that the cortisone takes the edge off and I can take my mind off of this for some time.

PT, besides for irritating my hip, is also causing me back pain. I think that my hip is still unstable and the anterior muscles go into spasm to try to stabilize in turn pulling me into excessive lumbar lordosis. I had to ask my PT to please not sacrifice my back for my hip!

4 comments:

Louisa B said...

Sorry chick, not good to read. I backed right off PT and have been much better since... I'm started to seriously doubt its place in this rehab!

Unknown said...

Hi Susie,

I am a few weeks behind you, but am feeling the same disappointment. Just had my last PT session today. Still having the same old groin pain I have had for about 5 years now. I am glad I had this most recent surgery, but really bummed I am not feeling better than I am. Trying to stay optimistic, but as you know it gets harder and harder all the time!

Susie said...

Abigail, I wish there were answers. A friend just posted something on Facebook that I have to hijack and post here

Susie said...

A friend posted this on his fb responding to someone saying it would suck if he needed more surgery: another surgery would fix the problem, would not have been sucky at all. Living with pain and problems that can easily be corrected through surgical intervention, is sucky. Electing not to have surgery when it is indicated, is sucky. Not having a surgical option to fix a problem, is sucky