Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fighting for out of network reimbursement

Its funny how time flies and how little free time I have. Over the past week I have finally been able to make some real progress on my appeal to UHC for the amount that I was reimbursed for my out of network expenes. this was for the hand surgeon in August and my hip second opinion in August as well. I'll give you a hint of how things went...I did not get 70% of what was billed by the doctor as UHC makes you think you will. Check out this link to see what really has been going on with UHC concerning out of network reimbursement.

PS- In summary, the resolution of the class action litigation provides for UHC to pay a total of $350 million to fund the settlement for health plan members and out-of-network providers related to out-of-network services from March 15, 1994 through November 18, 2009. The settlement will be entirely funded by UHC and no recovery of funds will be sought from any self-funded customer plans.

No comments: