Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My First Ride

I still have it!!! I don't know what 'it' is, but I still have it! 2 babies and 2 hip surgeries later and I still have it! I definitely don't have the speed I used to have but hopefully with time, energy and chondroplasty, it will return!

I had my bike put together today!!! It is up and functional and awesome! I love it! 1 year later, but I got my bike! I am approaching the 1 year anniversary of my 'hip thing', just around the time I decided I needed a bike, but held off due to pain. My first ride was not that exciting, I used one of the DVD's that the guy who sold me the bike sent. It was a lame ride, but a good one for my first. Not too much resistance, no racing/ sprinting, which is what really gets my heart going. The thrill wasn't as great as I thought so tomorrow I may forgo the video and freeride with my ipod!

The left hip was a little sore in the beginning but once warmed up, it did great! The right was OK on seated flats, but any resistance or increased hip flexion was painful. I did complete the ride though, I knew I would, even if I had been in excruciating pain, I would have completed it, I have waited too long to have a bike to not ride!

I emailed Dr.Kelly tonight. Let's see when I hear back!! I need a finalized plan! I want to be the spinning maniac I once was and need his help!

I am lying in bed with an extremely sore right hip, I am paying for my ride! I will try to post an update in the morning on how I feel. I leave the house before 7 to get in my PT before I see patients!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yay Susie! Glad you've got your bike going...it will take a while for things to get used to it again but hopefully you won't have too much trouble :-)

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Congratulations!